Wednesday 22 March 2017

Saix Skinning

After I made the correction to the rigging, I did the skinning again.






This is the rotated waist joint. Even though the vertices above the joints were moved my their respective joints, the deformation was not smooth. In order to achieve better deformation to the body, I used the Smooth mode of the Paint Skinning Weights.





I posted the elbow as my tutor did in his own tutorial. For the sake of better deformation, I used the Smooth mode again and painted near the elbow, making the influence from both shoulder and elbow joints on that part.




The problem with this skinning was the deformation of teh fingers. As the fingers bent, they did not make a curved shape like this, but they were more blocky. For this reason, I used the Smooth mode, making the influence in the parts of the creases from both joints where these parts where close to.





In the skinning before the rigging change, some parts of the fingers turned black during the fist. The Smooth mode I used for the above reason solved that problem.










Thanks to the change I did in the rigging, now the mouth was able to open.









For the hair, I selected the vertices which were ontop of the joints and added them in their respective joints. Additionally, I used the Smooth mode to impove the deformation of the hair.

I believe that the skinning is sucessful, because, as the joints rotate, the deformations are smooth enough. During this process, I learned that the Smooth mode in the Paints Weights Tool should be applied to have better bendings. I also used the book of Rodriguez D. (2013) as a reference for the skinning.

Reference: Rodriguez D. (2013) Animation methods: rigging made easy! David Rodriguez. USA


No comments:

Post a Comment