Thursday 27 April 2017

Saix images from the animation

These are some images from the animation.






This is in the beginning of the animation. I placed the light "oblique to the surface" in order to show the "texture" better (Hedgecoe J. 1977, p.182), which I believe the illumination and the camera placement is very effective.




This is the first image shown to the character. I created it using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. The illumination is not very efficient because it is a little bit weak.



This is the second image shown to the character. I created it using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I believe that the illumination is weak, as it is the same as in the above image.



This is the character who shows no reaction to these images. In my opinion, the illumination is successful on the character because it is not very strong or weak. However, the wall part behind him is very shady, which makes it not effective enough.
The character goes closer because of the box image, which I created using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. The animation of the hair is very efficient, because they are moving correctly, following the movement of the character.
The image of the empty, open box, which I created using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, goes ontop of the others and the character goes back a little bit. Additionally, the intense, first sound of the quote matches with the movement of the last image, which makes it successfull. The lighting is very effective, but the corner is very weakly illuminated.

This is the character talking. The animation of the face is very sucessful, as the correct muscles are moving each time.





This is the character who continues to talk. In my opinion, the less effective part of the mouth movement is when the character says the letter "o" or making the sound of "ooh", similar with this picture.

I believe that this shot is not very effective, because I rendered a small amount of images, making its duration short to read comfortably.






This is the character in the end of the animation. I believe that the expression is very effective because it manages to portray him sad.

This project was my first time making a character talk. I have learned that the keyframe of the character starting saying the letter or sound, should be one or two frames before the actor begin saying the respective letter or sound. Additionally, I realised that I have to make the mouth starting to be in its natural position while the next sound or letter is beginning to form.
I believe that the animation of the face is very sucessful, as the letters and sounds are synchronized with the quote. Additionally, the muscles of the face are moved correctly with the mouth and the eyebrows moving.
The style of the lighting on the character and its sold colours, reminded me the style of the series Paw Patrol.

Source: https://img.clipartfest.com/7fd6fd015b3b11dd7195b79781f82efa_chase-paw-patrol-clipart-paw-patrol-clipart-chase_3600-3600.jpeg



Reference

Hedgecoe J. (1977) The photographer's handbook. Dorling Kindersley, limited. London









No comments:

Post a Comment