Wednesday 26 April 2017

Saix blend shapes

These are the blend shapes I created for Saix.


This is the blend shape for the mouth correction. Due to the topology of the model, the mouth shape was very odd when it was opening. I pulled the vertices of the left and right edges of the mouth near the center. In that way, the mouth shape was better. I believe that this part is very effective, because the shape of the mouth was improved.






This is the blend shape for the letter "a". I pulled down the lower lip, so this shape in combination with the lowering of the jaw is not exaggerated, which makes it very efficient in my opinion.





This is the blend shape for the letter "e". This shape is very successful because the muscles of the face are also moved as the character says that letter. I realized that by using a mirror and saying the letter. I created the muscle movement by moving the vertices of the face.


This is the blend shape for the letter "i". This is similar with the letter "e", as this shape is very effective because the muscles of the face are also moved. I realized that by using a mirror and saying that letter.





This is the blend shape for the sound of "ooh". In my opinion, the shape is not sucessful enough, because due to the topology, it is not formed very effectively, as it creates a rough shape around the mouth.




 This is the blend shape for the blinking. Because of the shape of the eyes, the faces of the eyelids needed to be moved down a lot. I believe that this shape is not very efficient, however, the animation of the eyes closing and opening will be very fast, so the viewer will not notice it very well.




This is the blend shape for the sad mouth. In my opinion, this is very well-structured, becaue the correct vertices were moved to create the shape and make it seem like the muscles of the mouth are moving.




This blend shape is for the sad eyebrows. I believe that the shape is sucessful because the muscles under the eyebrows, which have a unique shape, are moved. So, during the animation, both the eyebrows and the muscles under are moved, making the movement seem more realistic.




This is the blend shape for the eyebrows moving up. Similar with the sad eyebrows, the muscles under the eyebrows are moving with the eyebrows during the animation, making the movement correct, which makes it very effective.


This is the blend shape for the serious eyebrows. In my opinion, this is very sucessful, because the right muscles are moved under the eyebrows at the same time with them during the animation, making the movement very efficient. Additionally, I created the shape that is being formed above the nose, making the shape more realistic.





This is the blend shape for the letter "o". Similar with the "ooh" blend shape, the mouth is not designed very well, due to its topology. I believe that this shape is not very effective.




This is the blend shape for the letter "v". In my opinion, this shape is very sucessful, because when attached to the main model, the lower lip goes exactly behind the upper teeth.




This is the blend shape for the sound of "sh". I believe that it is not effective enough, because when attached to the main model, the lips go far away from the teeth.




This is the blend shape for the breathing. In my opinion, it is efficient, as the pose is in its extreme, and I used various values of it in order to make the character breathe.

This process was very effective for me. With the use of the mirror, I had the oportunity to see which muscles move in each letter and facial expression. In this way, I believe that the formation of most of the blend shapes was very sucessful. Additionally, I also had two books (Maestri G. 2005, p.123) (Rodriguez D. 2013 p.149) and the tutor's Powerpoint as a reference for the blend shapes which are needed, and their shape as well.

References

Maestri G. (2005) Maya at a Glance. SYBEX Inc. USA

Rodriguez D. (2013) Rigging made easy! David Rodriguez. USA








No comments:

Post a Comment